Lately apple cider vinegar has been a huge craze in the natural community, and rightfully so! Apple cider vinegar is nature’s gift to the human race and I can tell you why.
ACV is naturally fermented
ACV is naturally fermented. Why is fermented food good for you, you ask? Let me enlighten you. Fermented food is packed with probiotics that aid in digestion, Improve bowel health, and immunity. Having the right amount of good bacteria in your gut allows your body to better absorb the nutrients from your food. ACV helps to alkalize the body, which helps prevent disease from forming and living in your body. Cancer cells and other diseases cannot survive in an alkaline environment.
It has a natural Ph level of 5% which is more on the acidic side and amazing for your epidermis(skin). Now i know what you’re thinking, you just said it alkalizes the body! Right you are. When digested ACV leaves alkalizing minerals behind in the body. Our bodies prefer to be more alkaline on the inside and more acidic on the out.
ACV is so amazing because it does both! Your Epidermis(outermost layer of skin) has a ph of 4.5 to 5 so ACV balances the Ph of your skin and helps to kill any bacteria that may have been camping out on it, which in turn will help improve acne and give your skin a more healthy, youthful appearance! ACV may encourage weight loss by breaking down fats, it’s Rich in potassium, a key mineral for muscle growth, nervous system, and heart health, and the list goes on. Apple cider vinegar is widely sold and extremely accessible and the best part is you can get a 16oz bottle for close to $5 USD. Below i have listed one of my favorite brands of ACV and some of the ways i like to use it.
Braggs apple cider vinegar
- For a body and kidney detox, combine 1.5 cups apple cider vinegar with one gallon of water and drink for 1-3 days.
- Post shampoo, apply 1 cup apple cider vinegar as a conditioning rinse. For fragrance, add essential oils.
- After sun exposure, diluting 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a warm bath can help reduce sunburn.
- detoxifying at home spa treatment, mix 1/3 cup of epsom salt, few drops of favorite essential oil, 1/3 cup of baking soda and,1/3 sea salt, 1 cup apple cider vinegar and soak for minimum 20 minutes
- for facial tonic mix 2 parts ACV 1 part cold water; apply with cotton ball
Enjoy! I hope you gained some knowledge today and maybe added ACV to your health and skin regimen.